page loader


If you own an RV or recreational vehicle, you need to have separate recreational vehicle or RV insurance to cover your investment. Due to the fact that RVs can be lived in, this type of insurance is a sort of hybrid that takes its features from both auto insurance and homeowners insurance.

Even if you just use your RV for a vacation a few times a year, you need to have RV insurance. This type of policy will cover the vehicle, as well as theft for any personal items in the vehicle as well. One type of coverage will payout market value for the RV or belongings, which is an agreed upon value and cost to replace. By discussing the options with your insurance agent, you can ensure that you make the right choice for your family and your investment.

Another type of coverage is vacation protection. This covers the cost of a hotel if your vehicle breaks down, as well as car rental and even transportation costs. RV insurance is not just for the motor homes, either. It can cover a golf cart or even ATVs as well. This can cover trailers, safety apparel, parts, collision coverage, and even liability.

A benefit that you wont find with other types of insurance is the storage option, which allows the coverage to be suspended when the RV is not going somewhere, but still protects against theft and fire. For those who live in their RV, full replacement coverage is also available.